Terms & Conditions
– Smoking or vaping is not permitted in our vehicles.
– Eating and drinking is not permitted in our vehicles.
– We do not provide car seats for any journey. We can keep hold of passengers’ car seats until you need it for your return journey. There is a £5 fee for storing car seats.
– All children, regardless of age, are considered a passenger.
– We send messages as confirmation and to inform you your car is on the way. These messages are a courtesy. We will not be held
responsible for missed journeys due to not receiving a message.
– We have the right to cancel any booking at any time.
– We do not accept any responsibility for passengers being late due to unforeseen circumstances, such as traffic delays, accidents,
severe weather conditions, breakdowns etc.
– If you have a preferred route to your destination, please inform the driver at the start of the journey.
– Please make sure to check your change in the vehicle. Mistakes can not be rectified later.
– Metro Cars always endeavour to be on time for our bookings. We shall not be liable for hold ups due to unforeseen circumstances,
such as extreme weather or traffic conditions.
– Children under the age of 14 will not be permitted to travel alone in our vehicles. Children aged 14 and above may travel with consent from a parent/guardian.
– Food and drink must not be consumed within the vehicles. This may result in soiling of the vehicle or damage to the interior. Passenger will be liable for cleaning costs.
– All complaints must be sent in via email to firstname.lastname@example.org . We will endeavour to respond within five working days.
Fares & Pricing
– Drivers have the right to ask for a deposit or full fare up front for long distance journeys. We have the right to cancel the journey if this is not paid.
– The fare may not be quoted at the time of booking your journey. It is the responsibility of the customer to ask how much the price will be.
– Our App and website pricing is not always accurate. Please phone and speak to a phone operator for a confirmed quote.
– Soiling of the vehicle incurs a standard fee of £100. This is to cover the costs of cleaning as well as time taken off work to clean the vehicle.
– A waiting fee is charged at 0.40p per minute. This is charged if the driver has been waiting more than 5 minutes at the pickup address. This is also charged at any point a customer gets out of the car before reaching the destination.
– We charge a £10 carriage fee for taking pets in the vehicle. We do not charge for working animals, to avoid this charge you must
show your ‘Working animal certificate’.
– It is your responsibility to ensure that you have taken all your belongings from the vehicle. If the driver must make another journey to return these belongings, you will be charged another fare. Metro Cars does not take responsibility for any property left in vehicles.
– All Toll charges, congestion charges and standard fees are included in the price you are quoted verbally by a phone operator.
– We charge extra on Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, Boxing Day, New Years Eve and New Years Day. Please call and speak to a phone operator for more details on pricing and times these extra charges occur.
– If you wish to change to a different car at time of pick up, e/g more boot space or extra seats, additional charges will be applied.
– For any journeys where the passenger will be leaving the vehicle before the final destination e.g a wait and return booking, the
driver has the right to ask for an upfront payment.
– Payments can be made by, cash, debit card or credit card only.
– It is a necessity to provide flight details at time of booking.
– Metro Cars will check for flight delays, but will not be held responsible for excessive time spent at immigration / customs etc.
– For ‘Meet and Greet’ service we give a maximum of 35 minutes waiting time from the time the flight lands. This is included in the meet and greet price. Waiting time is charged at 0.40p per minute after the given time. Carpark fees may also apply.
– If a customer would like to be picked up from out of our local areas (Harlow and Bishops Stortford), we will send you a link to pay for the booking prior to a driver being sent out to you.
– If you would like to cancel a booking that has been prepaid via a link, this must be done 3 hours before the booking is due to get a full refund.
– If a driver has already been dispatched for a booking that has been paid for via a link, it will not be possible to get a refund.
– If you cancel your booking more than 3 hours before it is due, and the driver has not yet been dispatched, you will get a full refund. This will take 5-7 working days from the time of requesting.
– We will only accept link payments for journeys over £20. If the journey you would like to make is under this amount, and you insist on paying by link, you will be charged a minimum fee of £20.
– We can send payment links for individual journeys only. If you book multiple journeys that require a link to be sent, these will be sent as individual payments.
– Abusive behaviour towards our drivers is unacceptable. The driver has a right to ask passengers to leave their car if they feel unsafe.
– We reserve the right as a company to refuse passengers that behave inappropriately, including physical abuse and threatening behaviour towards the staff or drivers.
– There is no tolerance to racism.
– Please give as much notice as you can when cancelling a booking.
– No refund will be given if the journey is terminated part way through.
– If a passenger books their vehicle with the wrong time, address, flight number or any other misleading information. Metro will not be held responsible, and will not be liable to give a refund.
– Please only cancel bookings by calling our office on 01279 247247. Do not rely on email or any other form of communication for cancelling your booking.
– Cancellation of bookings that have been paid by a payment link must be cancelled at least three hours prior to the pickup time.
Any personal information given to Metro Cars e.g. phone numbers and addresses, are used for booking purposes only. We do not pass any information on to third parties.
While we have taken every care to supply up to date, accurate information, we cannot guarantee its exactness and entirety. The information provided on this site does not form any part of a contract and is subject to change at any time.